Instant Expert, Legitimately and Ethically: Video 2

And here is our second video: Did you see the first? Link Below!

Click Here for Video One – if you haven’t seen it yet!

11 Responses to “Instant Expert, Legitimately and Ethically: Video 2”

1. Carlos says:

Wow! Lots to think about here Ted!

You sound different from video 1 – different microphone maybe?

Hi Carlos – thanks!
      Yup, using a Samson C01U USB mike for this video – not very accustomed to it, hopefully sounds good.
      The previous video I used a plantronics headset/mike combo

2. Clive Greenslade says:

The “We build expert knowledge but we don’t build expert status naturally” is bloody obvious, and BRILLIANT, now that you mention it.

I never understood this until now!

3. Joe says:

Thanks for another gem of a video Ted. Some great ideas here!

Joe,
      Maybe see you next month in Baltimore – will let you know if I have any public talks at night. Working on my sched now.
      Thanks!

4. Rudy G says:

Looking forward to number 3!

5. Arthur says:

I don’t know how you do it Ted – I KNOW how hard you all work when travelling, especially with The SANS Institute!

The Intellectual Property Angle is especially interesting in this video. Would love to hear more!

Artie

Running to a plane and flying home soon Artie, so quickly for now, besides the standard “Legal” categories of IP we think about like copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets, there is more.

If you come up with a model that becomes widely used, or even a term that get adopted, or even take something protected by copyright and release or weaken the copyright so it spreads more widely (see http://creativecommons.org/ for example) that can have enormous impact. For example, right now I am requesting an email for access to the 61 page Infosec Rock Star v2 guide – if I removed the need for an email, and the copyright (which exists by default), certainly the guide would spread farther and I may do that.

Also my current Rock Star videos are not available on YouTube (try searching, although they are hosted there you can’t find them without a direct link). And I also require registration to see video 2 and beyond right now – certainly more people will see them if I remove this requirement. Now there are current reasons for why I am doing this today.

What if I developed something called the “Infosec Rockstar Action Guide” with concrete action steps, or the Ted iPhone Forensic Methodology or whatever and I set it free upon the world, and it spread far and wide and rocked? It would absolutely help build my Rock Star status!

There are a lot of creative things you can do with IP that add value to the world and can help you as well.

6. Pat says:

Even better than video1 !

7. Clydemnestra says:

Well, you said, leave a comment, so here’s a comment Ted. Nice job – and now on to video 3!

8. Small says: