Infosec: A Time of MASSIVE Opportunity!  (Video 1)

We love your feedback and welcome your comments. Please post below:

30 responses to “Part 1: A Time of Increasing Opportunity!”

1. Mary C says:

I always get a lot from your videos and especially enjoy the case studies! I had the opportunity to meet Ken at a SANS event at the beginning of this year and am impressed – Thanks!

2. Tom Stark says:

Thanks Ted. Your message is very encouraging!

3. Fletus says:

Following…Looking forward to the upcoming challenges!

4. Love this encouraging series, Ted. Each year you update and phrase things a bit differently, which creates greater resonance in your audience, which I’m sure then leads to greater results in their work and lives. Thank you! Looking forward to Part 2.
    🙂

5. Fletus says:

I’m going to look for more opportunities to volunteer and speak within infosec

Awesome – BSidesCharlotte is this fall, Sept 28th, and might be a good choice. I’m donating a few books to them. Think it’s the first BSidesCharlotte. The call for papers/speakers just opened!

6. Mark says:

I’m motivated! I’ve never spoken, but am going to submit 3 speaking proposals and volunteer to help as well.

The one question is where? I have lots of choices!

And if I’m going to prepare a speech, I might as well turn it into an article and maybe a YouTube video too!

This I think will be a good start!

Great start Mark!
      Reusing content is always great. Assuming you give the talk even 100 times, not everyone will see it, so an article makes sense as does a video.

7. Roy says:

Well, work is sending me to RSA, so I’d best get going working on a speaking proposal.

Proposals must open soon!

No idea if they’ll accept my talk, but just applying will give me some experience.

Thanks for the motivation and advice!

Hi Roy,
      That’s the spirit – you’ll be there already so why not?
      They opened recently for talk proposals, maybe a week ago or so.

8. Vern says:

I’m not going to speak. I’m not afraid, well maybe a little, but I’ve done it and do not enjoy it.

Thank you for this video with lots of other options to get involved. I’ve already send an email attempting to volunteer with a local security group and I’ve made a short list of articles I think I could write well and without too much effort, like maybe at lunch over a couple days at lunch. I’ll write at least one this week!
    Motivating video!

Vern,
      It’s great you are taking action!
      And knowing that you are not doing something is fine – like I am NOT going bungy jumping. But I am doing other things.

I’d suggest, since you said you will write an article this week, do it! So easy to postphone things for often legitimate reasons. And once you get started, momentum is easy to maintain.

Thanks for saying ” Motivating video” – making them motivates me too!

9. GG says:

Ted, will you be running your full Infosec Rockstar class after these videos? I almost signed up last time and wish I had but the time just wasn’t right for many reasons

GG,
      I’d love to run the full Rock Star class soon and may – it depends on interest. It is summer after all, and also thinking of fall perhaps (although my fall schedule is very very busy).
      Announcements coming!

10. Larry says:

Great Talk Ted,
    Always enjoy your comments.
    Larry C

11. Belinda says:

Wow, That is a fantastic report on massive mistakes – and you are pretty brave to admit to making them 🙂

Belinda – if it will help other people … No bravery involved 🙂 We learn from our mistakes hopefully, I do, at least most of them.
      And it is even better to learn from other people’s mistakes and avoid making them ourselves!

12. Greg says:

Sent this video link out to a few friends of mine. Great information!!

13. Gourav Agrawal says:

I’m looking for more opportunities to volunteer and speak in Infosec. I would like to reach out to like-minded people in Infosec community and build a business on Infosec consulting. My LinkedIn profile is https://www.linkedin.com/in/gourav-agrawal-b6544715